2019 NONPROFIT GRANTS
El Dorado Hills Endowment Announces 2019 Grant Recipients
The El Dorado Hills Endowment granted $52,000 to 12 deserving organizations this year who continue to support community outreach and wellbeing. The following is the list of organizations who received grants during the 2019 Cycle:
3Strands Global Inc. - Supports the foundation to continue their human trafficking prevention education.
Assistance League Sierra Foothills - Provides a clothing shopping experience for children thereby boosting their self-confidence and raising school attendance.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of El Dorado County - Serves at-risk youth by matching them with a trusted adult.
Campus Life Connection - Supports anti-bullying workshops for middle and high-school students.
Canine Companions for Independence - Provides skilled assistance dogs to improve the quality of life for individuals in need.
CASA El Dorado - Trains Court Appointed Special Advocates to serve foster youth.
Count on Kids - Engages youth to give back and support their community.
Hands4Hope - Empowers youth to build and enhance civic leadership skills and socially responsible behaviors.
Infant Parent Center - Provides perinatal service to underserved, expectant families.
Oak Ridge High School - Provides mental-wellness support for all students.
The Place Within Counseling Folsom - Provides free individual counseling and teen support for community youth.
Twin Lakes Food Bank - Distributes dental kits, backpacks and school supplies as well as haircuts and motivational entertainment to at-risk kindergarten through high-school students.
2018 NONPROFIT GRANTS
El Dorado Hills Endowment Announces 2018 Grant Recipients
In the spirit of community giving to ensure the vibrancy of the El Dorado Hills area and foster a thriving philanthropic effort, the cabinet of the El Dorado Hills Endowment recently completed selection of ten grant recipients for the 2018 grant cycle.
The selected grant programs encompass a wide variety of needs from mental health to youth development to community enrichment. This year’s granting totaled $33,000 to the following nonprofit organizations:
· Oak Ridge HS Sports Boosters - medical equipment
· El Dorado County Office of Education - academic decathlon
· Folsom Lake Community Concert Association – elderly adult music program
· California YMCA Youth & Government – teen leadership program
· Girl Scouts Heart of Central California – adventure leadership program/supplies
· Oak Ridge Mental Health Fund of EDCF - mental health training and teen suicide prevention
· Hands4Hope - Youth Making a Difference - Empower and Inspire program
· A Touch of Understanding, Inc. – in-school disability awareness workshops
· Campus Life Connection - anti-bullying training for students
· Canine Companions for Independence – canine services